[lbo-talk] Fwd: [PEN-L] Kevin Phillips: declinist

Shak El from_alamut at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 16 16:51:35 PST 2006

Of course, there are there wild therorists of substainable oil:

http://www.freeenergynews.com/Directory/Theory/SustainableOil/

jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net wrote:

On 16 Mar 2006 at 17:41, Andy F wrote:

> On 3/16/06, Miles Jackson wrote:
>
> > This is a bizzare claim: of course oil production will peak at some
> > point and then decline! Fossil fuels are a finite resource. Do you
>
> Careful -- who'd heard of the oil peak until a few years ago? (I'm
> not disputing it.)
>
> --
> Andy

It's been talked about by oil geologists since the very early '50's but until recently not enough was known to allow an acurate attempt at a projection. 50 years is more than "a few years ago".