[lbo-talk] Bob Jones University Sacks Starbucks

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Fri Mar 17 07:15:14 PST 2006

> FOX Carolina's Jamie Guirola reports, Starbucks has a very
> open and accepting policy toward gays. The company also
> offers benefits to domestic partners. Still, this Corporate
> Equality Index or buyer's guide from a group supporting human
> rights gives Starbucks an 86 out of a perfect 100.

Lefties, take note. That is much better than the Democratic Party, the people who brought you DOMA.

Corporations can be your friends. In fact, the institution that signs my paycheck has been providing benefits on an equal basis to both hetero and gay couples at least since I started working here (in 1992). Better yet, if these x-tian fucks showed up here with their stupid protest, the administration would call security to remove these fuckers from the premises. Property rights can be a good defence against fascist mob and politicos riding it.

Wojtek