[lbo-talk] doom

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 17 20:39:21 PST 2006

Great, so tell us how the fuck to take some big steps. Shall I wave the red flag in front of the Federal Building on Dearborn Street? Shall I go down to the Ford Stampung Plant on the South Side and tell the workers of the fucking world to unite?

I'm am really tired of this crap. I have no idea what to do. Obviously the system cannot be reformed, though reformw we have won are priceless and threatened. Obviously the Democrats suck dirty donkey dicks. Obviously there is no revolutionary movement even on the horizon.

So what is the point on this pronouncement? I got tired of posturing in the regalia of dead religion long time ago. Big steps would be nice but they're not happening.

We're -- to put the most optomistic face on ot -- like the Rusians in the dark days of the Summer of 41, our forces divided and shattered, leaderless, out of ideas, a well-organized enemy taking hundreds of miles a day. But(and this is why it seems overoptimistic) theyw ere able to pull things together at Leningrad, at Moscow in 42, at Stalingrad in 42-32, and 25 to 50 million lives later, roll the enemy back.

Does anyone not on drugs of high on the fumes of Marxism-Leninism think we have a Zhukhov, a Chuikov, a Khrushschev, a Rossokovsky, somewhere in waiting? Or the even the resources to marshal the remains what shattered forces we have? So shut the fuck up about how how little steps are unrealistic. If you can tell us how to take some big ones, then you are in a position to talk.

Frankly, we barely have any idea of what the little steps would be be and how to attain them. If we could get a Democratic majority in the mid-term elections, given the stupidity and cowardice of the Democrats -- sorry, Nathan, your heroes are chickenshit idiots with no more spine than any other invertebrates (this is probably an insult to invertebrates) -- it would be a miracle, despite the fact that everyone hates Bush, the GOP, their antiabortion lunacy, and their shameless tax breaks.

"We have every reason to be afraid. This is a terrtible place/" -- William S. Burroughs.