[lbo-talk] doom

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sat Mar 18 04:23:45 PST 2006

> [lbo-talk] doom
>
> Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
> Fri Mar 17 21:01:26 PST 2006

> Search LBO-Talk Archives
> Limit search to: Subject & Body Subject Author
> Sort by: DateRankAuthorSubject Reverse Sort
>

> andie nachgeborenen wrote:
>
> >Great, so tell us how the fuck to take some big steps.
> >Shall I wave the red flag in front of the Federal
> >Building on Dearborn Street? Shall I go down to the
> >Ford Stampung Plant on the South Side and tell the
> >workers of the fucking world to unite?
>
> I dunno, I was kinda thinking single-payer was sort of a big deal,
> even if it isn't like the expropriation of the expropriators and
> stuff, you know?
>
> Doug

I would go so far as to say that introducing Wal-Mart fair share legislations in states where no single-payer campaign is underway or getting anywhere may be considered progressive. But as I mentioned, in Ohio, there are people who have been moving a single-payer campaign forward: <http://www.spanohio.org/> (endorsed by a fair number of unions, Ohio AFL-CIO, and even Sherrod Brown)? Why shouldn't unions go beyond endorsement and spend more money and other resources on this than on a fair share legislation in Ohio?

Yoshie Furuhashi <http://montages.blogspot.com> <http://monthlyreview.org> <http://mrzine.org>