[lbo-talk] Antiwar Protests Fizzle

Wendy Lyon wendy.lyon at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 03:36:31 PST 2006

On 3/20/06, Chuck <chuck at mutualaid.org> wrote:

> A rather misleading headline. Protests were smaller in the usual places
> like NYC and San Francisco, but this was a weekend of decentralized
> protests. The AP writer doesn't understand this.

The turnout was quite poor in Dublin - about 1,000 as compared to 100,000 in the original march. But it was also quite poorly advertised. We're no longer allowed to put up posters advertising demonstrations, so only really a hardcore of political activists showed up. Reaction from passersby was every bit as positive as ever.