[lbo-talk] Antiwar Protests Fizzle

Steven L. Robinson srobin21 at comcast.net
Mon Mar 20 09:17:15 PST 2006

Well, in the Bay Area there were at least two demos of well over 1000+ and a fair number of actions in outlying areas like Walnut Creek - I don't think the turnouts were all that bad here.

It may be that alot of activists are giving more focus on the April 29 action initiated by USLAW and supported by a broader array of forces than Answer.. It may be that the apparently poor turnoout of the demonstrations in many, but not all places, this past weekend may be more a function of the organization weaknesses of/activist disgust with Answer/TONC (and for that matter, UFPJ). Given the poll numbers, it would seem a bit premature to write off anti-war protest just yet. (After the fact to what? Do we want the US troops to stay in Iraq foreever or to invade Iran?) Steve