[lbo-talk] Antiwar Protests Fizzle

info at pulpculture.org info at pulpculture.org
Mon Mar 20 21:06:42 PST 2006

At 11:47 AM 3/20/2006, Chuck wrote:
>Doug Henwood wrote:
>
>>Not really. With the US public now disapproving of the war, and a
>>majority wanting the troops out of Iraq within a year, why can't we do
>>better than this? Has the old protest strategy lost its magic? Are people
>>burned out on massive street demos? Does it seem too after-the-fact?
>
>When was there magic? Three years ago during the February 15th protests?
>The direct action in San Francisco in the days after the war?

I posted this for you awhile back. :) It's Rita Mae Brown talking about the disenchantment with protest/parades and the differences in how people from different class positions deal with anger (among other things):

http://blog.pulpculture.org/2006/02/20/furies-collective/

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org