[lbo-talk] Jamie Galbraith on Faux

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 24 10:05:37 PST 2006

>From: "Jim Devine" <jdevine03 at gmail.com> ...
>
>Jeff Faux comes across more like its Saul Alinksy.
>
>By James K. Galbraith
>
>... Faux has well understood the new global culture of the bankers and
>corporate chiefs -- though he overestimates their enduring power,
>which is already under sharp attack in Latin America (including
>Mexico, which may this year elect a leftist government), Russia, and
>much of the Islamic world. ...

But there is no evidence of any attack, sharp or otherwise, on the suzerainty of bankers and corporate chiefs here in El Norte. I think the US was primed for that kind of class conflict when the Potemkin prosperity of the Clinton years started to dissipated. But then, presto, along comes the War on Terror, and the American public's attention is diverted from (potential) revenge on the plutocrats to a fevered search for Islamic radicals hiding under the bed. Amazing coincidence.

Carl