[lbo-talk] doom

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Fri Mar 24 13:00:46 PST 2006

Just got a call from Florida. The anarchist candidate in Lake Worth survived the general election last week and is going up against some guy with lots of money from the sugar industry.

Lake Worth runoff candidates square off http://www.palmbeachpost.com/politics/content/local_news/epaper/2006/03/24/c1d_lwrace_0324.html

"Supporters of Jorge Goyanes, a popular figure in the Hispanic community, are calling his opponent, community activist Cara Jennings, a radical anarchist. Jennings' followers question Goyanes' loyalty to the city since he owns no property inside its limits and say he's part of the machine that caters to builders and developers."

[...]

"While Goyanes advocates have focused their attacks on Jennings' atypical political views and argued she has no experience managing a multimillion dollar budget, Jennings supporters had a field day when they discovered Goyanes once owned Renaissance Men, a male escort service."

Chuck