[lbo-talk] Fwd: [PEN-L] Blaming the lobby

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Mar 26 17:49:03 PST 2006

Julio Huato wrote:

> Massad's critique of M&W's paper misses the main points: that the
> policies the U.S. follows in the Middle East, whether or not
> determined by the influence of the Israel lobby, *contradict* the
> interest of the U.S. capitalists taken as a whole,

This is little short of a claim to divine inspiration. Neither let critics nor ruling class intellectuals can reach any consensus whatever on what is "the interest of the u.s. capitalists." It is unbelievable arrogance for any one person to claim that he KNOWS what that interest is.

No intelligent debate can be formulated around claims to such mystical perfect knowledge.

I don't know and you don't know what "THE INTEREST" of u.s. capitalism is.

Carrol