[lbo-talk] Re: National Bolshevik Party in Israel

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 29 07:23:53 PST 2006

Interesting – there seems to have been some kind of a split, judging by the website content. The tone of the thing is very 1990s Duginism, not post-NBP Dugin, who is pro-Putin. Also there seems to be very little presence of the Russian NBP’s current ideology either – there’s not even a link to them on their links page. Although the address of the site may have been derived from Limonov’s book “Drugaya Rossiya” (Another Russia).

I translate what it says on the homepage:

ISRAELI BRANCH OF THE NATIONAL BOLSHEVIK PARTY

RUSSIA WITHOUT PUTIN CRIMINAL AND TRAITOR FOR (this word is too squiggly for me to make out) PATRIOTISM ISRAEL WITHOUT SHARON!

“Israel was invented and founded by Red Zionists geopolitically as part of Eurasia, from the beginning oriented toward the Eurasian continent and developed as a Red proletarian communal republic. We, the National Bolsheviks of Israel, see our global mission in the resurrection and reworking of the idea of very great social justice for the Workers of Zion in the context of an interconnection with Russian National Bolshevism and the construction of a single Imperial state free from the tyranny of mondialism.

”We see our Homeland as Mother Earth, upon which we walk and which we carry in our hearts, independently from place of location.”

”Glory to Eurasia! Glory to Israel! Yes to Death!”

By coincidence I am translating part of Dugin’s last book, which is a collection of his columns in Rolling Stone, radio interviews, a round table discussion in Playboy and some other material on the subject of Russian pop culture and globalization. It’s really something – he’s the only person I know of who would work Genesis P.-Orridge, Heidegger, the Kabballa, Hermann Goering, and David Bowie into a single text. He’s got a chapter on the “secret gnostic symbolism” supposedly lying under the David Bowie song Absolute Beginners. Specifically I am translating the chapter on Tatu (“TATU: The Metaphysics of Form”).

As to the article you cited, I would take claims of contacts with extremist Islamic groups and anti-Semitism with a big grain of salt. At least in 2001, the following people were prominent figures in Dugin's party:

Supreme mufti of Russia, leader of the Central Ecclesiastical Board of Muslims, Sheikh-ul-Islam Talgat Tajuddin; Chairman of the Department of Religious Education and Catechesis of the Russian Orthodox church, rector of the John the Divine Russian Orthodox University, Hegumen Ioann Ekonomtsev; Did-Khambalama, superior (shereta) of the Aginsk Datsan, Dondukbaev Andrei Lupsandashievich; Hassidic rabbi, leader of the "Bead Arzeinu" ("For the motherland") public political movement, historian, and well known publicist and public leader, Avrom Shmulevich; Director of the Public Foundation for Joint Action for Peace and Cooperation in the Caucasus, Petr Evgenievich Suslov

( http://www.stetson.edu/~psteeves/relnews/0104f.html )

I think people have a hard time figuring Dugin out, in part because most political scientists aren't familiar with Throbbing Gristle and William S. Burroughs, or are at least as big influences on him as political theory. ;) I haven't figured him out -- three-quarters of the time he seems to be engaged in highly-complicated word-games conceptual art. Then again, despite its zany features, his geopolitical thought does have real influence, so who knows?

Nu, zayats, pogodi!