[lbo-talk] I'm so depressed -- Stanislav Lem dead

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 29 07:50:10 PST 2006

Pournelle was a big SDI supporter, but against both Iraq Wars. I have no idea what Niven's politics are -- I don't see much indication of them in his books. He's not like Heinlein and Mieville, who slap in the face with their politics -- Mieville's "This Book Is Really About the Russian Revolution!" Trot grandstanding almost ruined Iron Council.

Niven does seem to have a weird view on sex -- the everpresent ship's prostitute and all the nonsentient females in his aliens. Kind of creepy.