[lbo-talk] Atheist leaders

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 30 07:55:48 PST 2006

Putin is Russian Orthodox.

There are five religions that are recognized as official, historically Russian religions and thus have state support: Russian Orthodoxy, Buddhism (manlyy Lamaism, I believe), Judaism, Islam, and (counting them all as one religion) the various shamanistic/pagan religions of the Siberian peoples.

I remember there was a hubbub a few years ago when they introduced Orthodox Culture into the school curriculum. I don't know how that originally panned out (or even what the actual content of the course was).