[lbo-talk] USA Today write-up on the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Sandy Harris sandyinchina at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 06:28:08 PST 2006

<docile_body at yahoo.com> wrote:

> 'Spaghetti Monster' is noodling around with faith
> By Dan Vergano, USA TODAY
> Worship of the Flying Spaghetti Monster —
> "Pastafarianism" as it is known to its adherents —
> began as a whimsical side dish ...

This is by no means the first parody religion. I know of two that have been around for at least a decade. A web search will turn up more detail on both than any sane person would ever want.

The Church of the Subgenius never made much sense to me. Their prophet is a (fictitious?) pipe-smoking salesman named Bob Dobbs. People with yeti blood are different and ...

Discordians worship Eris, Goddess of Chaos and discord. Some of us are partly serious about it.

-- Sandy Harris Zhuhai, Guangdong, China