[lbo-talk] who needs immigrants? - we got plenty of prisoners!

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Mar 31 07:50:26 PST 2006

<http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/TheNote/story?id=156238>

Under a "Hill conservatives warn Bush of amnesty anger" header, the Washington Times' Charles Hurt has Rep. J.D. Hayworth (R-AZ) saying that "they will remember in November," Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (R-CA) saying that Sen. McCain and others will find "their own career is short term," and Rep. Steve King (R-IA) saying that anyone who supports a guest-worker proposal should be "branded with a scarlet letter A," for "amnesty." LINK

As for who might be willing to pick up the hard labor many illegal immigrants now perform, Rep. Rohrabacher said: "I say let the prisoners pick the fruits."