[lbo-talk] NYT on French unions

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 31 10:27:17 PST 2006

Nathan asked:

>How is this at all what Fitch was criticizing?

What I meant was that when you say last week's march was a fruit of labor's efforts, it sounds like one of the inflated claims Fitch criticizes. Likewise, what labor was doing in the runup to the march sounds like the sectarianism he criticizes.

I don't mean to beat up on you, but I think what happened here last week is something labor should respect as a thing to learn from and tap into, not take credit for. Not when until just before the March big labor in Los Angeles was more interested in making the march about Cesar Chavez:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2006/03/30/MNGLEI0BJS1.DTL