[lbo-talk] Re: "Save Darfur" etc (and other responses)

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Mon May 1 14:31:49 PDT 2006

Chris Doss:

Isn't Joe from Africa?

=========

Yup.

This wee episode fascinates me.

Wojtek, it's clear you and Mr. Wanzala hold very different views of the African situation in general and several high profile events in particular.

But you define this difference as a deficit - a deficit of knowledge, the product of naivete (or worse).

So for you, Mr. Wanzala immediately became an untraveled American leftist, prone to "spin", useless "pomo" musings and other terrible things.

The possibility he may be very well travelled indeed, and at least as knowledgeable as you seem to be about sub Saharan African affairs never entered into it.

Ironically, I believe our friend Zizek might have a few insights to offer about this.

.d.

--------- "For ten years Caesar ruled with an iron fist. Then with a wooden leg; and finally with a piece of string."

http://monroelab.net/blog/