[lbo-talk] Reuters on the rallies

Michael Hoover hooverm at scc-fl.edu
Mon May 1 18:59:10 PDT 2006

>>> dhenwood at panix.com 05/01/06 8:51 PM >>>
[I saw a large and spirited crowd marching down Broadway as I was heading off to study the ruling class at the CFR. Little Ivan went to his first protest at Union Square this afternoon. This is just inspiring stuff - will these immigrants be like those of the earliest 20th century who brought radical politics with them and shook up the natives' torpor?] immigrants rally across the US By Michael Conlon CHICAGO (Reuters) - In Florida, about of half the state's farm workers stayed away from the fields, according to the Florida Fruit and Vegetable Association and many workers abandoned construction sites, according to contracting officials. <<<<<>>>>>

orblando comes alive! 30,000 in the downtown streets, 30,000 man! in orlando, was incredible to look down the robinson street hill (ok, it's an incline) and see wall to wall folks for blocks...

for good measure, another 3000 marched in small town of deland about 40 minutes to the northeast... mh

Please Note: Due to Florida's very broad public records law, most written communications to or from College employees regarding College business are public records, available to the public and media upon request. Therefore, this e-mail communication may be subject to public disclosure.