[lbo-talk] Re: "Save Darfur" etc (and other responses)

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Tue May 2 05:40:35 PDT 2006

>From: "Joseph Wanzala" <jwanzala at hotmail.com>
>
>... Like everyone else from Kenya I have claimed my peice of Barak Obama
>whose half-brothers I went to school with and whose late fater was a family
>friend, but this is also true of many other Kenyans - of course given Obama
>has taken a decidedly Clintonian/DLC tack, I now surrender all my claims to
>him. ...

No, hold on to those claims! The Clintonian/DLC tack is clearly the fast track to power in today's US. Who knows what patronage positions might be available for old friends and acquaintances in a future Obama administration? And who knows, there might even be patronage jobs available for the extended network of those old friends and acquaintances -- such as LBO list members ;-)

Carl