[lbo-talk] Colbert on Daily Show yesterday, post-Bush bashing

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Tue May 2 07:37:38 PDT 2006

What's amazing is how much the media, and particularly Fox News, have consistently referred to how "bad" Colbert was. Chris Matthews said he was "just terrible." I enjoyed the hell out of it.

Colbert's talk had a "yikes" feel to it, given how much of a protective bubble Bush is kept in by his mollycoddling handlers and by his strangely maternal, protective supporters, who seem to conceive of him as the "special boy" in class that must always be protected from the taunting cruelty of the real world. It was nice to see the blister get lanced.

-B.

Kelley wrote:

"took the time to watch this and I just about fell asleep it was so boring -- and not nearly as rude or funny as folks made it out to be."