[lbo-talk] Colbert on Daily Show yesterday, post-Bush bashing

info at pulpculture.org info at pulpculture.org
Tue May 2 08:05:46 PDT 2006

At 10:54 AM 5/2/2006, Colin Brace wrote:
>On 5/2/06, info at pulpculture.org <info at pulpculture.org> wrote:
>
>>But, we
>>have nursery rhymes that were hard on leaders a few centuries ago that seem
>>harsher than Colbert's stuff.
>
>That may be so, but who else is holding Bush's feet to the fire these
>days? How many other people manage to puncture that bubble -- and in
>public???
>
>--
> Colin Brace
> Amsterdam

I kinda feel like I have a husband who's saying, "look at that guy over there. Sure, I don't do half the housework, but at least I'm not swilling beer every night. you should be grateful."

I would have liked to have seen some overt viciousness and true rudeness. because he was pretending to act like the presdinet, he ended up acting like the doof that the presdinet is and it just wasn't funny and came off like he hadn't memorized the skit very well. I laughed at times, but i was forcing myself to laugh. and the best parts really were when he was slaying the media. then he was vicious.

I don't know, maybe I'm just more vicious in my humor. I made some guy at the jackson free press feel sorry for Kos b/c I was apparently so vicious. and I didn't think I was vicious so much as saying things no one wants to say: how much money kos rakes in and why his whines are a little bit disingenuous.

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org