[lbo-talk] Colbert on Daily Show yesterday, post-Bush bashing

ravi gadfly at exitleft.org
Tue May 2 10:04:00 PDT 2006

At around 2/5/06 12:27 pm, info at pulpculture.org wrote:
> At 12:08 PM 5/2/2006, ravi wrote:
>
>> First entry for my LBO FAQ/dictionary:
>>
>> LBO-Talk(n): That strange planet whose inhabitants find interesting yet
>> another violent gangster movie stretched out into 1000 shows, while
>> sneering at the comedy of Colbert mocking George Bush.
>>
>> ;-) Just kidding... you are entitled to your opinion!! ;-)
>
> Really dewd. I could infer a lot of things about what you just wrote,
> but it would be rather vicious and I'm pretty sure you don't want me to
> be vicious. so, instead of the useless attempt at humor, why don't you
> just say what's on your mind.

Hmm... what's on my mind... I am thinking how nice a beer would be with my beans and rice. Also wondering if this post pushes me over quota for today. In which case, I haven't even had a go at the Darfur thing... and then I also owe responses to those nice enough to respond to my language question (Thanks Doug, Chris, Joanna and future responders. I think I find Chris' explanation very interesting, and Joanna's insight very useful. Doug: your explanation makes sense, generally, but often the usage of "FSU" is not to refer to the modern version of the SU, but of the FSU itself!)

If you feel like saying vicious things, go for it... after all, as the smileys indicate, the man purpose of my post is to be flame bait! Flame away! Its called for!

--ravi

-- Support something better than yourself: ;-) PeTA: http://www.peta.org/ GreenPeace: http://www.greenpeace.org/