[lbo-talk] Re: Albright on Iraq/The Dems & the Divine

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue May 2 12:35:42 PDT 2006

andie nachgeborenen wrote:

>Gore is pious, I believe, but he may have
>Kerry's problems, he's wooden in public (though quite
>good when he loosens up), an intellectual (how can
>anyone who says that his favorite writer is Stendhal
>hope to be Prez?)

Follow the Teddy Roosevelt model: if you're going to be an intellectual in American public life, you've got to make sure you've killed a bunch of the "enemy" all on your own to prove your manliness. Maybe Gore killed some people in Vietnam, but that was too long ago, and too hidden from public view.

Doug