[lbo-talk] May 3 arraignment for John - support and action

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Wed May 3 07:17:03 PDT 2006

The existence of draconian, pedestrian federal "ordinances" and then overcharging with said draconian laws is a sneaky way to undermine and destroy of First Amendment rights, which is creeping you know what.

Charles

^^^^^^^

Hello all, Well, this Wednesday May 3 at 9am I am to appear for arraignment in Federal Court, room ___, on charges stemming from our protest on the 3rd anniversary of the war in Iraq. I would really appreciate it if folks could come in support. The feeling is it is good to have as much a show of support and solidarity as is possible every step of the way.

I appreciate all the support I have recieved. Still, I want to focus on the people of Iraq, on the horrid needless suffering they have had to endure. I want to be in solidarity with them. The charges against me are ridiclulous, but they do not compare.

A, B, C and myself went to the steps of the courthouse because of our opposition to this war, but also in opposition to what this war is doing to America. Pre-emptive war? torture? kidnapping and rendition? Please, consider May 3 as your action. Come in suppport not so much for me as for the people of Iraq and the detainees. Show your solidarity with the principles of democracy and justice that you want for your country. Come dressed in your 'Sunday best'. Buttons and signs will not be allowed in the building, but they can't stop your 'Sunday best'!

peace, John