[lbo-talk] MPug Rats Out Yoshie To Cooper

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Thu May 4 09:26:49 PDT 2006

> I just posted this comment:
>
>>Marc, I'm really sad to see this. I've really liked a lot of your work
>>over the years, and liked you personally as well. I'm distressed to watch
>>you evolve into a policeman of the left. I've known Yoshie Furuhashi for
>>over a decade, and she's never written anything remotely anti-Semitic.
>>Deploying that charge is what sleazy warmongers do. You don't want to be
>>one of those, do you?
>
> Doug

And of course Coop responded in his typically childish way. There's no way to seriously criticize Coop without him getting shitty or tossing out extraneous crap. Not long ago, on my blog, I wrote that Coop had a soft spot for David Horowitz, which led him to mail me an angry reply, saying that he thought that Horowitz was pathetic and that he'd have nothing to do with anything Horowitz sponsored, etc., and then he challenged me to retract the statement. I did, since it wasn't the main point of my post, only to later see Coop appear on a panel at Horowitz's Restoration Weekend, H's annual gathering of reactionaries and rightist libs. So don't expect an honest or even cogent reaction from the guy.

Dennis