[lbo-talk] it's inevitable

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed May 3 12:14:55 PDT 2006

Dennis Claxton wrote:

> I really don't care what you think about "criminals or lumpen". As I
> said in my last post, my complaint is that discussion of this topic
> is consistently trampled by your hobby horses, as an archives search
> would show. So I think this pity party you're throwing is a little
> disingenuous. I also have nothing else to say on this.

Wojtek suffers from a serious defect of imagination. He honestly cannot conceive, even hypothetically, of anyone disagreeing with him. Hence when someone doesm it has to be due to some character defect or dishonest motive. I think what W needs is an undergrad course in the european novel of the 19th century. If it was well enough taught, W might conceivably learn that the world contained intellectual disagreements between equally intelligenct and honest persons. I have met one or two people in my 76 years who were _almost_ as defective as W in imaginative capacity, but none to equal him.

Carrol