[lbo-talk] Khomeni & Israel

Joel Schalit managingeditor at tikkun.org
Wed May 3 12:29:08 PDT 2006

That last point is actually subject to debate, Michael. The Israelis were alleged to be servicing the Iranians with American spare parts, which came directly from US stockpiles in Europe, not Israeli ones. According to this line of explanation, the US encouraged the Israelis to do this in order get leverage with the Iranians vis a vis the hostage negotiations, among other objectives.