[lbo-talk] it's inevitable

Jerry Monaco monacojerry at gmail.com
Wed May 3 15:08:44 PDT 2006

On 5/3/06, Dennis Claxton <ddclaxton at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Wojtek wrote:
>

> >[WS:] How so? Can't you simply ignore or delete my postings if you feel
> >trampled? Perhaps other people may want to read my rants.
>

> Perhaps. Or perhaps they just drop out. And I don't feel
> trampled. I said the discussion gets trampled. Channeling Tony
> Soprano, I'm only going to do this once. There are other examples,
> but this one is pretty good:
>

> >At around 6/10/05 4:42 pm, Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:
> >I simply replied to ravi's comment that most inmates are "non-violent
> drug
> > > offenders" which struck me as utter bullshit repeated ad nauseam by
> Santa
> > > Cruz potheads while I was living there.

This was actually something that my criminal law prof told us. More than half the people in prison now days are in prison for non-violent drug crimes. My crim law prof was not a Santa Cruz drughead as far as I know. Does it really bother Woj that much that some people might might want to reform the criminal justice system by not putting non-violent Santa Cruz drugheads in jail? Why is that so upsetting?

Sorry to comment on such an old coversation, but if it is the truth that more than half the people in jail are there for b.s. drug charges why does that upset you, Woj? I simply don't get it. -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20060503/fe6eba4d/attachment.htm>