Pioneer Wojtek, was: RE: [lbo-talk] it's inevitable

ravi gadfly at exitleft.org
Wed May 3 18:50:43 PDT 2006

At around 3/5/06 6:42 pm, Chris Doss wrote:

> I am possibly the worst chess player in the world.
> Kasparov could probably defeat me with one pawn
> against 16 queens. However, as a politician the guy is
> an idiot. Any day now he will blame Putin for
> programming Big Blue. ;)

I bet you could beat me at chess with just your king and all my pieces ;-). Talking of Kasparov: a while back he said something to the effect that women cannot (ever) play as well as men, which he has reversed recently. He also cheated young Judit Polgar (17?) of a victory, many years ago, though IIRC she recently beat him at speed chess. Another Larry Summers like genius Bobby Fisher made similar statements about women's abilities in chess. Funny that she became the youngest GM in history, beating old Bobby's record ;-).

--ravi

-- Support something better than yourself: ;-) PeTA: http://www.peta.org/ GreenPeace: http://www.greenpeace.org/