[lbo-talk] MPug Rats Out Yoshie To Cooper

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at verizon.net
Thu May 4 03:29:13 PDT 2006

I'm plenty wary, with or without the Kosovo experience.

Max wrote:

>As Jo Ellen suggests re: 'overthinking,' you forget that sometimes the
>simplest explanation is the best. People of conscience are convinced that
>genocide is in progress (like me in re: Kosova)

You were definitely wrong about Kosovo, then. The UN court in Pristina and the House of Commons Foreign Affairs Committee both concluded that no such genocide was underway. As they have it, it was a counterinsurgency campaign

which became ethnic cleansing only once the bombing began. I would have hoped that the experience of being lied to by the Clinton administration and

Nato would have led the substantial portion of the American left which passively supported that imperial outing to be more wary of heeding calls for humanitarian intervention.

-- ---------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 11124 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: winmail.dat Type: application/ms-tnef Size: 2308 bytes Desc: not available URL: <../attachments/20060504/1d4496b5/attachment.bin>