[lbo-talk] MPug Rats Out Yoshie To Cooper

www.leninology. blogspot.com leninology at hotmail.com
Wed May 3 23:41:27 PDT 2006

Max wrote:

>As Jo Ellen suggests re: 'overthinking,' you forget that sometimes the
>simplest explanation is the best. People of conscience are convinced that
>genocide is in progress (like me in re: Kosova)

You were definitely wrong about Kosovo, then. The UN court in Pristina and the House of Commons Foreign Affairs Committee both concluded that no such genocide was underway. As they have it, it was a counterinsurgency campaign which became ethnic cleansing only once the bombing began. I would have hoped that the experience of being lied to by the Clinton administration and Nato would have led the substantial portion of the American left which passively supported that imperial outing to be more wary of heeding calls for humanitarian intervention.

_________________________________________________________________ Are you using the latest version of MSN Messenger? Download MSN Messenger 7.5 today! http://join.msn.com/messenger/overview