[lbo-talk] "Plan B, " emergency contraception, why the right hates it

info at pulpculture.org info at pulpculture.org
Thu May 4 05:46:16 PDT 2006

At 08:35 AM 5/4/2006, tfast wrote:
>Actually I read the blog and I was kind of shocked. In Canada you just go
>to the pharmacy and purchase it, no doctor no perscription just cash.
>
>tfast

When sonshine's friend and new GF had an accident recently, we helped them call around about Plan B. For one thing, neither of these kids even knew about it. *sigh* All of the actually doctor's offices charged $89 for it and part of the visit would include a pregnancy test -- which seemed kind of dumb to me since the hormone your body produces that the test looks for doesn't typically show up 'til 10 days after conception. so, it was just an added procedure and expense, not to mention waste of time.

At one point, we called a place that billed itself as City Name Women's Health Clinic since it was located near the kid's GF's place of work. The woman at City Name Women's Health Clinic had never heard of "plan b" or "the morning after pill" or "emergency contraception." I keep hoping that it was just that she was new to the job.

This country is FUBAR. In France, the nurses in high schools hand out free doses.

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org