[lbo-talk] it's inevitable

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Thu May 4 08:51:50 PDT 2006

John Thornton:

And just to let Wojtek know, in spite of the fact that he doesn't "give a flying fuck about such people", he didn't hurt anyone he is really just a huge dumbass sometimes. He just missed his daughters first communion. He's a long way from the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics!

[WS:] Thanks, John, for letting me know. I am glad that you care for your brother who is in trouble. I wish him good luck. While, as you know, my posture in this area tends to be "do not do the crime if you cannot do the time," I also recognize that it certainly looks different if it is somebody you know. Ditto for crime victims and their families and friends.

Wojtek