[lbo-talk] it's inevitable

jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 4 08:28:48 PDT 2006

On 4 May 2006 at 9:14, Doug Henwood wrote:

> Jerry Monaco wrote:
>
> >So does this include city jails, county jails or only state jails?
>
> State prisons. Cities & counties have jails, states and the feds have
> prisons. Jails are where people are held awaiting trial or on
> short-term offenses; prisons are where you do real time (though
> thanks to overcrowding, some prison inmates are farmed out to jails).
>
> Doug

That traffic actually moves both ways. I may get in trouble with the family if they see this but my brother is in county lockup right now and his attorney is fighting his transfer to a state facility. County is too full and oddly there is room in a state facility. He's not that strong a person and I don't know how well he'll fare in such a facility. He's lost more than a pound a day since his incarceration began ~40 days ago. And just to let Wojtek know, in spite of the fact that he doesn't "give a flying fuck about such people", he didn't hurt anyone he is really just a huge dumbass sometimes. He just missed his daughters first communion. He's a long way from the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics!

John Thornton