[lbo-talk] it's inevitable

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Thu May 4 11:18:01 PDT 2006

Ravi said:

Well, what pair of glasses are YOU using today? John never wrote that he "threatened to shoot someone". All he wrote is: "my hand in my pocket",

And then follows with the following statement:

enough to question Wojtek's scorn and revulsion for prisoners and others that do not follow his style?

[WS:] What pair of glasses are YOU using today, Ravi? Wojtek never wrote that he has "scorn and revulsion for prisoners." All he wrote is that he "does not give a flying fuck about them" which translated into more polite English means "this is not on his priority list." He also said that "he does not see a reason why he should" - which implies a reasoned position that may be affected by arguments, rather than an emotional reaction that your statement stipulates. Finally, he never wrote that he has "scorn and revulsion for other that do not follow his style." All he said is that he is annoyed by people who get personal at him for questioning their received wisdom and beliefs.

Wojtek