[lbo-talk] What is genocide?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri May 5 07:58:03 PDT 2006

Chuck Grimes wrote:

> I definitely believe that both Clinton and Bush and their associates
> intended to slaughter Iraqis as Iraqis. For you to believe their cover
> lies is outrageous... CB

> Yes, I certainly agree. But there is also a problem with the term
> geneocide that needs to be firmed up.

Both of you are providing a cover-up for capitalism, denying its evil and claiming instead that all would be well if it weren't for the criminals leading it. This makes a mockery of the life work of Marx, Engels, Lenin, Luxemburg . . . .

The Nazis killed the Jews _as_ Jews. The u.s. is slaughering the Iraqis in the same way that during WW2 Germans slaughtered Russians and Russians slaughtered Germans. That is, the u.s. is pursuing certain national objectives, which involve controlling Iraq. Did the Germans put Jews in command of Dachau?

Carrol