[lbo-talk] Chechnya, Darfur, and Jewish Activism

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Fri May 5 08:48:20 PDT 2006

I think it's hard to argue genocide in the case of Chechnya, given that the population of the republic is higher than it was in 1994 (despite the outflow of the non-Chechens, which used to be 200,000 people, and a large number of Chechens). I assume that the census figures are skewed upward (given that a higher population means more federal money, and so the Grozny government -- which is 100% Chechen -- had an incentive to bump up the figures) but I don't think they're hugely far off.

Nu, zayats, pogodi!