[lbo-talk] Chechnya, Darfur, and Jewish Activism

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Sat May 6 14:36:20 PDT 2006

On 5/6/06, Jim Devine <jdevine03 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yoshie: >
> I've taken no less care of not appearing to criticize Jews as such
> than I've taken care of not appearing to criticize Arabs as such,
> Muslims as such, whites as such, Americans as such, etc. It would be
> odd to take more care than usual in the Jewish case.<
>
> my point was it's useful to know the character of the power structure
> (given today's balance of powers) and to know that even _appearing_ to
> be anti-Semitic will bring down a sh*t-storm of foolishness.

I'm not about to let professional "anti-anti-semites" decide what is or isn't anti-Semitism and censor myself accordingly. I don't give a damn about "a sh*t-storm of foolishness." Fools shouldn't be allowed to set the agenda -- they only show themselves to be incapable of knowing -- or indifferent to having -- friends of Jews and all others who are in any way subject to discrimination, when they try to pass off friends as enemies.

-- Yoshie <http://montages.blogspot.com/> <http://mrzine.org> <http://monthlyreview.org/>