[lbo-talk] America's Anti-Muslim Prejudice

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Sun May 7 10:05:07 PDT 2006

On 5/6/06, Seth Ackerman wrote:> One often hears Catholic conservatives bewailing anti-Catholic prejudice in America. I've never really bought that either, but who knows.<

at Loyola Marymount University, I sometimes hear about anti-Catholic prejudice. It exists, but my impression is that it's something that only ex-Catholics are into. And it's the older generation, since the post-Vatican II version of U.S. Catholicism doesn't involve much to hate. Catholics and ex-Catholics don't like the hierarchy, but that's different from hating Catholicism.

But then again, I'm a secular Protestant (i.e., an ex-Unitarian), so what do I know? -- Jim Devine / "Sanity is a madness put to good use." -- George Santayana.