[lbo-talk] America's Anti-Muslim Prejudice

John Adams jadams01 at sprynet.com
Sun May 7 13:00:15 PDT 2006

On 5/6/06, Seth Ackerman wrote:

> One often hears Catholic conservatives bewailing anti-Catholic prejudice in America. I've never really bought that either, but who knows.<

I've forgotten exactly what was said--I was too shocked to make much note of it--when the ob/gyn seeing my wife and me made what I recall as being a particularly ignorant (if not virulent) anti-catholic remark. That's about all the anti-catholicism (as opposed to generalized irreligiousness applied to Catholicism) I've heard. I do, however, hear a fair amount of anti-papalism (I have no idea if that's a word) from Baptists in particular.