[lbo-talk] Computer help needed

ravi gadfly at exitleft.org
Mon May 8 12:06:12 PDT 2006

At around 8/5/06 2:29 am, joanna wrote:
> I was happily tooting along, using a program called Roxio CD Creator,
> version 5.3.2, on my Windows 2000 machine, which allows me to read music
> from CD's, save them in WAV format, burn CD's and copy CD's.
>
> Then, for no particular reason, the program stopped working and I
> started getting error
>
> ctcatend
> MO L65 FO P46X
> Error Code = 0

Joanna, here is something that might help:

http://www.roxio.com/en/support/kb/ecddvdc/eez000149.jhtml http://www.roxio.com/en/support/kb/ecddvdc/ee6000099.jhtml

They both apply to version 6.0 of the software, but they might help. The first is a simple change and the second suggestion is an upgrade.

Also see these threads:

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/1078515302

If you choose to abandon Roxio, any of the modern set of audio software will do ripping and recording for you. This includes: WinAmp, Apple iTunes, Windows Media Player and Real One Player. I know that both WinAmp and iTunes will rip to WAV. Not sure about WMP and Real. Apple will also encode to their (open standard?) lossless encoding format. If you choose to rip to a lossy format like MP3, you may wish to encode at 192Kbps or higher bitrate. None of these programs, AFAIK, will encode to FLAC, which is sad. But you are ripping for burning anyway, so all you need is WAV, I guess.

--ravi

-- Support something better than yourself: ;-) PeTA: http://www.peta.org/ GreenPeace: http://www.greenpeace.org/