[lbo-talk] America's Anti-Muslim Prejudice

Marvin Gandall marvgandall at videotron.ca
Tue May 9 15:36:08 PDT 2006

===================== Your point's well taken. Really the people who need the most exposure in the West, even within the left, are those Palestinians who are most representative of the struggle - in the present context, those fighting for a viable Palestine as part of a genuine two-state solution, either explicitly like Fatah or implicitly like Hamas. Marwan Barghouti is someone who impresses me and needs to be de-demonized, and the Islamists have their own roster of people who present a very human face. See, for example. "Hamas: The Last Chance for Peace?" by Henry Siegman in the April 27th NY Review of Books.