[lbo-talk] Grappling with Heidegger

info at pulpculture.org info at pulpculture.org
Thu May 11 12:14:28 PDT 2006

I think that, what is troublesome about thinking about your own death is the thought, "Then what am I doing any of this for?" When I have talked to men who are deeply depressed by aging and to men in 30s life crises, it's almost invariably about their sense they feel obligated to achieve something and they are running out of time to do so. So, such a feeling is highly dependent on time and place. I doubt its eternal to human existence in other words.

I have health problems that will likely mean a rather sudden death at a relatively young age. learning this ten years ago may have bothered me. These days? I am grateful.

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org