[lbo-talk] A non-libertarian tech article (in Wired, no less!)

John Adams jadams01 at sprynet.com
Thu May 11 17:04:30 PDT 2006

Of course, the comments are remarkably yet predictably shitheaded.

http://www.wired.com/news/columns/0,70858-0.html?tw=rss.index

Tech Workers of the World, Unite

by Tony Long

I was raised in a union house. My father was a passionate supporter of the labor movement and I've never forgotten that the union helped feed and clothe me when I was a kid.

Most of my professional life has been spent as a member of a union (The Newspaper Guild) and I'm under no illusion that the working class would be better off had things been left to the largesse of the bosses, or to the vagaries of a cutthroat, free-market meritocracy. Regardless of the industry, virtually all of the workplace comforts and benefits we take for granted today exist solely because of battles fought and won long ago by once-powerful unions.... -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/enriched Size: 1303 bytes Desc: not available URL: <../attachments/20060511/447692d6/attachment.bin>