[lbo-talk] Waht is scientism why does the leff love it so?

ravi gadfly at exitleft.org
Sat May 13 06:48:58 PDT 2006

At around 12/5/06 7:03 pm, Charles A. Grimes wrote:
> ``...if you need IMAP... support... ravi
>
> ---------
>
> Thanks for the offer. But my real problem is remembering
> the little telnet techniques, like using `ee' or `vi' and
> saving the file to write into a `mail' screen with `~r'
> and other such obscurities.
>
> My boss is okay about using email at work, but he told me
> he reads all the posts. Besides LBO wouldn't recognize my
> address from work as a list member.

Ok, as long as you have something that works! If not: all you need is a mailreader (like Mozilla Thunderbird or Gmail) that permits you to set your From: address to whatever (cgrimes at rawbw) so LBO doesn't reject posts. Gmail probably supports reading your email through HTTPS (if you are using the web interface) or accepts mail over SMTP/TLS/SSL (if you are posting from a mailreader application using Gmail as your outgoing server). Alternatively, my SMTP server will let you set your From: and also let you deliver over secure channels. And if they are blocking outgoing SMTP or some such at the firewall, I can tunnel it through SSH on the HTTPS port (or even HTTPS itself).

Apologies if you already knew all that,

--ravi

-- Support something better than yourself: ;-) PeTA: http://www.peta.org/ GreenPeace: http://www.greenpeace.org/