[lbo-talk] Grappling with Heidegger

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Mon May 15 06:30:15 PDT 2006

What the fuck do I bother?

Good God Jerry you have just demonstrated that you know jack shit about the subject you are talking about.

Heidegger does not have a theory of history. The Seinsgeschichte has no explanatory power and is not intended to have one. It is an interpretation of the history of western metaphysics, not a fucking theory of history. Somebody who can't see the difference has no business even talking about it, much using it as a club to try to bully people better-informed than him, such as Justin.

The early H's concern with death has nothing to do with anything "hard-boiled." As I HAVE EXPLAINED BEFORE, apparently to the ears of the deaf or the really, really stupid, it is due to the little fact that Heidegger is analysing the structure of human self- and world-understanding, which, since it is TEMPORAL and FUTURE-DIRECTED, automatically ends in GUESS WHERE? Hey, that's death, isn't it? Hot damn!

If you came to a hypothetical class of mine with such bullshit I would give you a flat D and recommend you change your major. I hear basket-weaving is a big draw.

Jesus Christ, how pathetic. Good bye, I'm off to do something profitable -- translate Medveded.

Nu, zayats, pogodi!