[lbo-talk] Grappling with Heidegger

Jerry Monaco monacojerry at gmail.com
Mon May 15 08:05:39 PDT 2006

On 5/15/06, Chris Doss <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> What the fuck do I bother?
>
> Good God Jerry you have just demonstrated that you
> know jack shit about the subject you are talking
> about....
> apparently to the ears of the deaf or the
> really, really stupid,...
> If you came to a hypothetical class of mine with such
> bullshit I would give you a flat D and recommend you
> change your major. I hear basket-weaving is a big
> draw.

> Jesus Christ, how pathetic. Good bye

Chris Doss's need for personal abuse speaks for itself. It obviously emerges from a deep, almost religious personal investment in a certain way of thinking. It is not much different than his previous response to me, viz.

On 5/9/06, Chris Doss <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>You probably don't
> understand what that means, but that have less to do
> with the words or content but with you possibly just
> not being very smart.
>
> Frankly you're coming aross as a real twit, lazy and
> "willfully ignorant." Actually a bit of a
> pseudo-intellectual.
>
> That said, I'm not going to engage with you the
> subject, cause you don't know what the fuck you're
> talking about.

Perhaps all of this is a result of deep anxiety resulting from his fugitive relation to Being-towards-death. I apologize for my stupidity, especially since Chris Doss's rhetoric exhibits a high level of intellectuality that I can never hope to approach. I am obviously his inferior. But perhaps he needs email reading practice.