[lbo-talk] Diaspora Identity Politics and Multicultural Imperialism

ravi gadfly at exitleft.org
Mon May 15 19:17:21 PDT 2006

At around 15/5/06 8:04 pm, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
> On 5/15/06, ravi <gadfly at exitleft.org> wrote:
>>
>> And come on! Pointing to Gujarat is hand-waving of not just an
>> irrelevant but a dangerous kind, since UVJ did not suggest that Hinduism
>> does not discriminate against other minorities.
>
> Ulhas sends a lot of business press clippings to both LBO and PEN-l.
> Two things you seldom -- never? -- see in his postings are anything
> critical of the US and Indian governments.

Ulhas probably doesn't want me speaking for him, especially since I find his posts cryptic, but I stand by my criticism (that sounds a bit stuffy doesn't it?). I think he was right in calling out the silliness about "one god" in the Iranian dude's letter. I don't think its divisive to do so. As the 7 year old kids say, even if it is, he (Iranian dude) started it. And you already know (I hope) my opinion on Indian governments (including on the matter of Kashmir).

--ravi

-- Support something better than yourself: ;-) PeTA: http://www.peta.org/ GreenPeace: http://www.greenpeace.org/