[lbo-talk] Hi Gar! And US's Iran strategy

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Tue May 16 08:51:08 PDT 2006

I don't know if it's meaningful in the current context (as in I doubt it will determine the final outcome much) but the US and Russian economies have very few points of contect. Russian exports to the States are extremely small, and the Russian economic boom is almost entirely domestically financed (and of course helped to a large extent on exports to Europe and the other CIS countries).

By the way, I think Moscow is very worried about what will happen in the case of US military action once all those Iranian Ajerbaijani refugees start flooding into Ajerbaijan...

--- Marvin Gandall <marvgandall at videotron.ca> wrote: In general, I think the US economy weighs more heavily on world politics than does US military power - whose limitations as a mechanism for enforcing imperial control (except as a last resort) have again been exposed in Iraq as previously in Vietnam - and, despite the fears surrounding a USD collapse and resulting global financial crisis and depression, the US continues to be the main source of investment capital and the major export market for the rest of the world.

Nu, zayats, pogodi!