[lbo-talk] US's Iran strategy

Marvin Gandall marvgandall at videotron.ca
Tue May 16 13:25:24 PDT 2006

========================= True, but the Russians like everyone else would worry about the knock-on effects of a serious US economic downturn on the world economy, including crashing energy prices and a sharp drop in European demand which would affect them directly. That's why the excesses of the US economy - and, by extension, it's foreign policies - are tolerated by states and peoples who otherwise hate and compete with American capitalism. More immediately relevant to Russia, isn't the planned development of it's LNG reserves, especially in the Barents Sea, being driven by the prospect of being able to ship energy to the vast US market, and isn't US investment being invited in these projects?